Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 Words of the Year


Hello 2016..!


 2016 is going to be a great year for me. I am claiming it. I know that it will be crazy and hectic but I plan to enjoy every step of it. I'm really hoping to make this year a major year of growth. As I stated in my last post (2015 Review) I really think 2015 was my foundation so I am ready for this journey of growth.

This year I decided to pick a word to focus on for the entire year. Being that I keep talking about growth, you would think that would be the word...... and you are correct. I couldn't pick just one word. So I decided on two. Growth and Success. These are my two words of 2016. Why might you asked?

I love this quote.!

Growth- Well this one is kind of self explanatory. I will be 24 this year. 24 OMG.. That is one year away from 25. Like I am getting so old and the time is just flying by. I don't expect to have everything figured out and quite frankly I don't think I even want to.  I know that is not what my 20s are meant for. However, I am looking to continue on the right track. I am looking to progress in every area of my life. I know that by doing so I will have to get out of my comfort zone. There will be a lot of things/risks I will be scared to take but in the end I know growth will come. There are a lot of things, people, and situations that I feel I am sure to outgrow once I begin this journey. Somethings will be hard to let go others won't. I can accept the loss because I can see the bigger picture. When you know what you want and what you are working for, letting go becomes a little easier. In my head I have this vision of how I see my life or want my life. I know that life will not come to me if I don't grow into it.


Success- This is a term that varies from person to person.When I was younger I would have defined success by whatever made my parents happy. Now that I am older..... that is not the case. Success to me is whatever I accomplish that makes me happy and makes my life more complete. I am striving to achieve goals that I have set for myself as well as exceeding certain expectations. Success can be something as small as writing in my journal everyday for 2 months or something as big as graduating from graduate school. I am looking forward to all successes big and small.

I was really enjoying 2015 and I do know that in 2016 I will not always get it right. I do know that I am going to mess up and perhaps even disappoint myself and a few others. I might not get it right the first time. However, I am sure I will eventually get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment