Thursday, January 7, 2016

Gentlewoman and I Am That Girl....

I have been doing pretty good with my reading. I have not been keeping track on GoodReads, but I have been checking out books from the library and downloading a few on my phone as well. I decided that I wanted to get more into "self-help" books. I think reading these self help books could be pretty beneficial in the long run. I searched on Amazon trying to find any book to start my "self-help" journey off. Let me just say that I ended up having a sheet of paper full of book titles because a lot of books caught my eye. I my even post the list in case any of you readers are looking for some interesting books to read. There were many books that I came across that I have been wanting to purchase just never did. I added those to the list as well. My plan is to compose a list and at least purchase and read 10 off of the list. It will be hard because grad school is right around the corner and that requires a lot of reading, but I am hoping I can do it.

 
I heard a lot of great things about Gentlewoman: Etiquette For A Lady, From A Gentleman. When I decided that I would purchase a few books I knew this had to be one of them. I know that I am probably one of the last people to purchase and read this book. But that is okay better late than never right... With this being the first book on my list.. I am really excited about what is to come. I have my pens and highlighter ready to start off this book.

The next book I will get into is I Am That Girl. This book was chosen at random. I read the reviews on Amazon and decided to purchase. This is not a book that I have seen floating through my Instagram feed or even the Explore page. This book was really chosen 1) because of the title I Am That Girl: How to Speak Your Truth, Discover Your Purpose, and #bethatgirl ad 2) the reviews pretty much all praised the book. Good enough for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment