Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Loaded Bake Potato Soup


FYI: yes this post is Old.. It was as you will read, the first post I made on the blog that never launched. The recipe is still 2 thumbs up so I thought I’d still share.

Well first things first this is the first food post I am making on my new blog {how exciting!!!}. This is also my first time making Loaded Baked Potato Soup. It was wonderful though for it to be my first time. I love loaded baked potatoes. Like seriously, loaded baked potatoes are like one of my favorites. I love piling mine with butter, cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, green onions (and even sometimes ranch). This Loaded Baked Potato Soup has all that (well not the ranch, but hey if you like it try it).
My two best friends and I went to Chili’s at the beginning of February during lunch. One of my friends ordered the potato soup as her choice on the lunch special. She said that it tasted really good. Now I’ve heard of potato soup but I never tried it. So I decided I would find a recipe and try it myself. I live in Ruston, Louisiana and our weather is very some timing. I knew I wanted to cook the soup on a cold day. But it seemed like when it was cold I had something to do and when I was free it was not cold enough.
Luckily for me, school and work were cancelled because of the weather. Yea, it actually snowed here 1 out of the 4 days we have been out. I have definitely enjoyed my break. Because it was cold, snowing to be exact, and (I had a ride to the grocery store) I had the free time I decided to enter the kitchen and attempt the Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
                 
One thing you will soon learn about me is I am a Pinterest lover!!! From the quotes to the clothes to the food. So I went to Pinterest to find a great Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe for my snow day. I found it. I loved it. I’m actually anticipating tomorrow to see how it tastes warmed up. My mom liked it and even my little sister who rarely eats anything that I attempt to cook (she is too picky for someone who can’t cook for herself).

My point is……. the soup was a success.

The recipe is as follows:
Ingredients:

*Approximately 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
5 tablespoons of butter
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
*3 ½ cup of milk (more milk should be added if mixture is too thick)
3-4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
Green onions
*1 cup of shredded cheese
*½ cup of sour cream
Salt and ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Heat a large skillet and add the slices of bacon. When finished transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.

2. Next, you need a stock pot to melt the butter in over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, you whisk in the flour until it becomes a light brown. Next, you will gradually whisk in the milk. Whisk constantly until the mixture is slightly thickened.

3. Stir in the cubed potatoes and green onions. Whisk.

4. Allow this to come to a boil and reduce the heat. Potatoes should be getting tender. Add your cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper.

5. Serve. Garnish your loaded baked potato soup with green onion, cheese, sour cream and bacon if more is desired. Enjoy! :)

 

     - The Boujie Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment